Simply dance..

Simply dance..
Feel Life...just dance.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

God's Technology

I have been struggling with trying to figure out my purpose at this time of my life. My conversations with God have been gentle as well as intense. And yet, I have acknowledge my surroundings; from listening to others who express so much anger with life and their hatred toward whoever or whatever culture. And please do not assume I am not grateful for my life this is not the case...I am blessed. I am sure there are times in each of our lives we question...our presents here. It is not that I wish to be known for something incredibly magnificent...just want to know my life had meaning. You would think with all the technology we have God could find a way to get in touch with us.

It was a Thursday, my day started out the same, the usual routine; preparing to go see a client and on my way I was going to stop at Quick trip. I got out of the car and as I was walking to the door I noticed a man running toward me. The upper part of his body it seemed was pulling the rest him; he wore no jacket, and only had stocks on his feet. There was blood streaming down the left side of his face from his eye. I pushed open the door and he ran in the store, falling against the counter. As he lay in a fetal position, the store manager picked up the phone as I told him the man was bleeding. I stepped over him and knelt down next to him. By then the manager was standing next to me conversing with a 911 operator. I ask the man his name; he paused as though he was searching for the answer. Finally he said, "I don't know." I said to him did you fall down some stairs, I am still unsure why I asked him that particular question. He said, "Yes!" I glance to see a man enter the store wearing medical scrubs; he knelt down on the opposite side of the man. I ask him if he was a doctor. He replied, "Yes, heart surgeon." I told him about the man on the floor. The doctor checks his pulse. He expressed the man's pulse was strong. We chatted a moment about how he general is not in this area because he works north of the river. He was pumping gas and saw the man. He said he had to go and then he left. I decided to ask the man on the floor his name again. He replied, "Robert Bass." The store manager was still talking to the 911 operator and gave them his name. As I stood-up with the help of the store manager, another man dressed in white work clothes came in the store. He was standing on the opposite side of the man on the floor. He became irritated when he realized he would have step over the man or going around to the other side of the store to get what he needed. I finally told the store manager I had to leave. As I pushed open the door a man followed me out. He wore a long beard, and had a cup of coffee in his hand, he asked, "Is, he going to be okay?" I replied, "Yes, he fell down some stairs, and they are going to take him to the hospital." He said, "That's good!" I got in my car, sat there for a few minutes with a smile on my face; I realized in 15 minutes God had answered my questions. It is has though He was saying, "Yes, Linda there will always be the person who cares enough to get involved even if the person is not someone they know, and there will always be the person who is angry/irritated for no reason, and then there will be the person who doesn't get involved but does care." As far as my purpose, perhaps just being present with each moment of my life, grasping with awareness of the way God uses His own technology...through life.
God's Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment